Ideal for metro markets, the MDS-12 is powerful yet compact.
The compact MDS-12 model was designed with urban cities such as London, Dublin and Amsterdam in mind. Its maneouverability combined with a throughput of up to 2,041 kgs/hour and legal payload up to 3,200 kgs makes this truck productive and profitable.
The MDS-12 is not only a perfect inner-city shredding truck, it's lower operating cost makes it an attractive option for entrepreneurs looking to enter the lucrative market of mobile shredding.
*Product specifications subject to change without notice.
- Shred-Tech’s line-up of MDS systems get their amazing performance from the tried and true ST-15H shredder. The cast aluminum ST-15H has exceptional strength without the weight of steel. The ST-15H shreds up to 2,041 kgs/hr. The shredder features hub knives, high strength alloy shafts as well as two all new patent pending innovations: cast- in cleaning fingers and a bridgeless vibrating feed hopper.
- The state of the art Plus 1® micro-control system with advanced intelligence is powerful enough not only to control and monitor the system but also allows for a job timer, an automatic bin counter, advanced diagnostics and predictive idle. The Plus 1® system offers a level of control, and range of features, not possible with older, analog control panels.
- The new state of the art Plus 1® micro-control system with advanced intelligence is powerful enough to allow remote diagnostics, advanced predictive idle and auto-shutdown while remaining easy to use.
- Auger Compactor and Auto Unloading
- All MDS Systems come equipped with Shred-Tech’s angled compactor design and durable moving floor unloading system. Together, these features ensure maximum payload of up to 6,500 kgs and rapid discharge of shredded material in a few minutes, equating to more time on-route shredding paper and generating revenue.
- All Shred-Tech MDS Trucks are equipped with Predictive Idle***, Auto Shutdown and Remote Panel Start/Stop. Predictive Idle senses low shredder loads and shuts off the high engine idle when the shredder is unattended and the hopper is empty. Moments later the PTO’s are turned off along with the engine. This means never wasting fuel and engine hours.
MDS-12 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Throughput* Up to 2,041 kg/hr MEASUREMENTS Body Length (mm) 5,460 (H Model) 4,547 (GT Model) Overall Length (mm) 7,445 (H Model) 6,312 (GT Model) Width (mm) 2,471 Height (mm) 3,692 Chassis GVW (kg) 12,000 Payload Capacity** (kg) 3,200 PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS ST-15H Drive Hydraulic Number of motors 1 Horsepower 75 HP Standard knife thickness 15.3 Number of knives 36 Knife diameter (mm) 175 Hex size (mm) 68 Distance between shafts (mm) 149 Cutting chamber (mm) 533x355 ENGINEERING Shred-Tech Model ST-15H Shredder S Auger Compactor S Bridgeless Feed Hopper S "Patented" Retractable Bin Tunnel S Gripper Tipper® - Patent Pending X (H Model) S (GT Model) Slide Lift and Cart Tipper S (H Model) X (GT Model) FRP Unibody S Hydraulic Reservoir (136 Litres) S Main Control Panel c/w Micro Controller S Remote Operator Control - Video Monitoring S Drive Configuration - PTO/Hydraulic S Active Floor Unloading System S Remote Panel Engine Start/Stop S Predictive Idle with Auto Shut Down S Shredding and Storage Area Cameras S Exhaust - Horizontal S CHASSIS DAF LF 55 Transmission ZF Astonic Auto OPTIONS Weigh Scale - Portable (Certified as Legal for Trade) O Back-Up Sensor System O Back-Up Camera System O Tool Kit O Painted Cab and Body (Other than White) O Digital Video Recording System O Strobe Light Package O Safety and Maintenance Training at Customer Location O Polished Aluminum Tool Box O Flush Fitting Rear Doors O
S = Standard O = Option X = Not Available
*Throughput is an estimate based on actual test data and can vary depending upon many factors, including paper type, system maintenance and operator training. **Payload calculation based on GVWR. Shred-Tech reserves the right to change product specifications without notice. *** Feature available on automatic chassis only. SHRED-TECH® is a registered trademark of Shred-Tech Corporation.